Thursday, July 19, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie . . fresh from the garden!

Since we have an abundance of rhubarb and a few yummy strawberries (in the garden), I (Valerie) decided to make a pie with them.  (Timmy kept telling me how much he just LOVES strawberry rhubarb pie . . . hint, hint! ☺)  So I took some pictures along the way of the pie in the making. 
Rhubarb certainly is an interesting fruit.  As I was cutting it up it really reminded me of celery!  (I am not a big fan of celery, so that grossed me out a little!)  But, as long as you add enough sugar, rhubarb tastes a lot like a granny smith apple! :)


The finished product!


Now it's time to watch Timmy enjoy his favorite pie!  (And a couple other cute boys enjoy it too!)


Sharing time is a happy time! . . . .In this case, Timmy wasn't too excited! :)




2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious!!!!!! Wish we could have some of that pie right now too! Those boys are so cute. ;-) Love the pictures and love you!!!
    Lydia and Richie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful pie!

    ReplyDelete