Saturday, February 16, 2013

MY Most Embarrasing Moment~ By Victoria

In case you haven't read Kyle's post below, make sure you read that first!! This is a follow up to his. :o)

My most embarrassing moment (and the only one I can remember at the time) happened only a few months ago... Caroline and I were off to a friend’s house to work with their horses. We set off knowing that we needed to stop and get gas at some point. So... being new drivers, and never having gotten gas before, we were both a little nervous. :o) We were running late, so we called home to ask Daddy how to get gas after we left, instead of asking before we left! So, after a run through of what you do to get gas, I was feeling pretty good about it. Caroline and I talked for a while and eventually decided I would get the gas. Caroline was driving and I was the passenger. We pulled up to the pump after waiting a few minutes in line (the station was packed full of cars, I must mention), and I jumped out trying to act like I new exactly what I was doing. I walked straight up to the pump, stuck the card in, pushed all the buttons and when “start pumping gas" came across the screen, I was feeling pretty good. I grabbed the handle on the pump and turned around.... To my horror, I realized my big mistake. I hadn't taken off the tank cap, therefore didn't realize it was on the other side of the car!!! AHHHH! Now what??? I knew the hose wouldn't reach to the other side... Caroline was sitting in the car watching as I turned around.  My eyes got big, and I slinked up to the window and loudly whispered " it's on the other side!!!" We decided our only option was for Caroline to turn around... so she began to turn around. May I mention again that the whole gas station was filled with people, and to top it all off, there was a car waiting right smack behind us, who, after seeing Caroline drive out, started to pull in to our spot. I was still standing there holding the pump, and I just about died there where I stood. It was awful... I wanted to melt into the ground!! So, as I'm standing there, by myself, holding the gas pump, Caroline was doing a great job of backing and driving forward, backing and driving forward, and eventually turning around. The person who was behind us realized what was going on and backed up, then Caroline pulled in the correct way. I filled the tank, put the handle back, jumped in the car, and wanted to get out of there as fast as I could! We drove away and just start laughing. I then looked in my mirror and saw the gas tank door still open on the car. Great.  "Pull over, Caroline," I said, "the tank door is still open!!"

Well, that is, and hopefully will be for some time, my most embarrassing moment. :o)

2 comments:

  1. That is a really great story! Even though I am sure it wasn't very funny at the moment, it can really make you laugh now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Victoria :/ That was a bummer at the time. It's funny now, though.

    ReplyDelete