Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The life of four licensed teen drivers~By Kyle

   For the first time, we four quads were able to go shopping by ourselves out in the "Big Town" (Centralia/Chehalis--population: more than Mossyrock, but that's not saying much)! We even got to take Mommy's credit card :0) :0) :0) :0).  Once we were safely away in the "Big Town", we called home to ask how to use it -- and how much money was in the account ;0). Even better, we got our Amazon birthday packages in the mail before we left--Thank you, Papa and Grammie!-- which means we got to "rock" along with the Piano Guys, Mark Shultz, and Brandon Heath all the way there and back. I also got to bury myself deep into an adventure of tracer missiles, nuclear bombs, and political jousting along the trip. Oh the joy of good books! We also made a very significant dent in our Christmas shopping . . . without any detection.
   Ever wonder how the structure of us team of Quads work? In my opinion it would make a very interesting book. Well, I guess my sisters would say I am definitely the most impetuous and care free of our crew. But in my defense, I am also the first one to suggest "desert, on me!".  I am usually the "go to" guy for any potentially embarrassing--at least in my sister's opinions--situations. For instance, I was the one tasked with using Mommy's credit card for several grocery purchases (in case they asked for I.D. or something, I guess). Contrast this with Victoria, who wouldn't even order what I wanted at the Taco Bell drive-thru because it was to "complicated" (sigh)! Speaking of Victoria, she is hands down the most upbeat character of our tight knit group. If there is a time where she is not making you laugh, then she is probably suffering from her latest dental appointment (she's had several of those, recently).  Then there is Caroline, in my opinion the most level-headed and smart member of our crew. She hardly ever loses her cool. Then there is Valerie; to fully understand her would be to read several college-sized books. She is the most emotional (by far) and fearful of awkward situations of us quads, but yet takes initiative on many things before we do. She once cried out in fear when it was her turn to order at a restaurant, but yet she regularly interacts with dozens of strangers in her dog business. She plans to adopt a gaggle of children some day. She is the one Mommy's credit card was wisely entrusted to. I admire all my sisters. The young men who court my sisters some day will definitely be carefully looked over by my Dad, me, and our shotguns :0).
   As always, the differences between me and my sisters in our male and female personalities was clearly seen. While my sisters bought the next "Love Comes Softly" movie (sound of head thumping on table), I bought a Left Behind movie (cool!). While my sisters recklessly skipped through Brandon Heath's more up-beat songs, I just groaned and wished I was in the front seat so I could control the CD player! After finishing my shopping relatively quick, I got to wait for quite awhile before my sisters finally finished theirs.
  I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed this evening. I plan to cherish these next few years while our nation is still a pretty free place to live. Let the Quadmobile roll on!

1 comment:

  1. Hee, hee!! Love it!!! Still chuckling! It sure blesses my heart, knowing how much you enjoy being with one another, and the fun you have together!! You all bring your mom and dad such JOY!!! Thanks for sharing the LOVE!
    I love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete