Saturday, October 13, 2012

Interesting Discovery!~ By Victoria

On Wednesday, I was walking about amongst the goat herd at the back of our huge goat pasture, when I looked down and saw a whole bunch of very strange looking objects strewn about on the grass and old hay. What in the world??? I quickly thought back to a time a few months prior when Caroline and I were back in that very spot with a new load of "old hay" :o) when we saw the strangest looking plant covering most of our dumping grounds. We didn't think much of it at the time...   Well here we are in October with a whole bunch of potatoes as I discovered on Wednesday! I showed them to Lydia and she said they are Yukon Gold potatoes. Here are some pictures…
 
Most of the goats didn't seem to like them for some reason.
          Here is a pile of all the potatoes I could find. I'm sure there are more back there. :o)
                                This is what they looked like once I brushed away the dead grass..
 My favorite little goat Ruby decided she liked the potatoes and started eating them! Why she never ate them before... who knows.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is interesting! :-) What are ya'll gonna do with them?

    ReplyDelete