Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Baseball Game~By Kyle

Hi folks! Yesterday for my birthday day I chose to play a family baseball game at a real baseball diamond! It was a ton of fun! Even the two sets of Tevises graciously agreed to play!

Here were the teams (I forced them to be color coded;0));

Team Black

Team Red

If you noticed that the massively handsome guy on the far right is in both pictures, it is because he decided to take it easy and play first base for both teams:O).
 
Here are some pictures from the game;
 
 
The Bat Boy/Mascot
 
Mrs. Tevis, the leadoff hitter for team Black, hits a line drive


Here Joe Bowes crouches in a classic teeball "defensive position", while Lydia Tevis looks on.
Here, Victoria Bowes runs to first, while pitcher, Timmy Bowes, throws the ball away (he forgot there were no "peg-outs")
 


 
I prepare to slide safely into home while the catcher waits for the ball (top  right corner)
 

 
I prepare to swing as red's pitcher Timmy fires the ball

Joe-joe heads for third as I chase the ball in the far background.





Here I am caught in a pickle
 
And now I head back to second (Victoria refused to get off her base!:0))


Daddy fires to first for the out
Daddy gets ready to swing

The postgame celabration YUM!

My cake and I
 
 
In the end it was the Black team 13, the Red team 9 (hip-hip-hurrah!). There were several well hit balls, but some of the best (and also sometimes amusing) plays came from the defensive side of the field in a game were each team made a couple dozen errs (somewhat of an understatement :0)). The play of the game was when Red's slugger Ted Bowes hit a towering fly ball to left field, and Janet Tevis, playing left field for the Blacks, settled under the fly ball, screwed her eyes shut, and made the catch! Another great play was when Black's shortstop Victoria Bowes stretched to all of her 5'3" height to make a snow cone grab on a line drive over her head!
Thank you everybody for playing! I enjoyed every second of it!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment