Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday Thoughts~By Kyle


Yesterday I had to go in to town for something involving getting our driver's licenses, and made sure I brought some gospel tracts just in case. It's a good thing I did! For lunch yesterday we ate at McDonald's, and that is where I got my chance to be a "secret agent" for the Lord! While driving to park after going through the drive-through we saw a bumper sticker that said, "God bless atheism!" and "Doing my best to tick off (not the exact word:o( ) the religious right." You can imagine how this made me feel (there is such a thing as "righteous" anger). After having a little bit of time to cool down, I started feeling sorry for the person who would give such a deliberate slap in the face to not only us Christians, but to our God also. Then an idea struck me, why not try to reach out to this person by sticking a tract on the car? At the very least I would in turn tick off the liberal left, or possibly I might be used by God to reach this person! Imagine that! I dug in my pocket till I found a tract entitled, "What if it's true?" , and headed out into the parking lot. I found a convenient way to stick the tract in the handle of the driver's side door so the person would have to at least see the tract. As we drove out of the parking lot I prayed that the person would at least read the tract and that God would start something in the person's heart.

An hour and a half later we returned to the same McDonald's to get a treat before heading home. Surprisingly, we saw the same "God bless atheism" car again, only this time it had moved around to the front of the building. A youngish woman was reading something on her computer inside it.  After we got our treats the car was gone (I wonder if she knew the van contained religious right-wingers?), but in its parking space was my tract. That was actually a good sign for me; it at least meant she had had it in her car as she drove to the other spot . . . maybe she read it! I even got to recycle the tract ;0)!

The moral of the story is that I encourage all of you folks to carry some tracts with you wherever you go. Do some searching on the web, there are plenty of places to get some tracts! God could use you to save someone! Someday I hope to be bold enough to verbally share the good news of the gospel, but until then I will enjoy being a "secret agent" for God's army!
 
 
Also, here is a song that describes my craze for Christmas pretty well. I listened to it over and over again while working at my grandparent's house. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment