Monday, November 19, 2012

Delicious Hamburger Buns! ~ By Victoria

Valerie made these this summer and I LOVED them! I hate to admit it, but this was my first time making bread with yeast! I have been baking/cooking for YEARS and never ventured into yeast. Well, this recipe has yeast in it, and they turned our great. Yeah!

Here is the recipe along with some pictures... :o)

Hamburger Buns

2 Packages of active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
3/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 1/2- 4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can(8 oz) tomato sauce
8 slices American cheese
Preheat oven to 400o and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. :o)


                                           Break dough into 16 even balls...
                                               Roll each ball into a 5 inch circle...
                                            Top with cheese and a few Tbs of meat
                                                              Fold in the edges
                                          And let them rise until doubled, about 20 minutes
                                                The finished result! Yum!!!





4 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! My first time cooking with yeast the rolls turned out flat and hard as a rock. :( Since then, I've mostly stuck to desserts and cookies. But I'm thinking I should maybe give yeast cooking another try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! those look so yummy!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those look really good! I guess I didn't know that you hadn't tried making yeast bread before Victoria. All I can remember is all of the wonderful desserts you made :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! I either didn't want to, our didn't need to make anything with yeast, so never tried it before! I'm glad these turned out or, like Kari said, I might not make anything with yeast again for a LONG time!!

    Thanks for the comments!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete